By Invitation Only:
Faux Moto GP & Baja Santa Cruz Rally à la Kardasian
As the name suggests, this is more like Reality TV. Which means it's partly true and partly false and far from reality.
- Yes, there will be Moto's.
- No GP per se, but there will be a few Good Peeps, if that counts.
- Yes, we will ride in Santa Cruz County, and yes, we'll ride near its Southern border too
- If you consider a dozen or more bikes to be a Rally, then yes. It's a Rally alright
- If you can read this, consider yourself invited :~>
• When: Sat 7/6/2013, Meet at 9:30 AM for coffee and gossip; KSU 10 AM
• Where: Meet at Peet’s Coffee in Los Gatos
798 Blossom Hill Rd, Los Gatos, CA • (408)[masked]
(fill up @ Chevron at the corner)
• Route: TBD ... but it will be semi-technical back-roads in 408, 831 and 650 area codes. There will be bumps, tight switch-backs with diminishing radius, etc .
• Pace: Not too fast. Not too slow. Just right. (not suitable for newbies)
• Gear: Head to toe
• Motorcycle: Yes, please bring it with you ;-)
Words of Wisdom:
~ Please review Liability Release statement at THIS LINK
~ Proper gear, a working machine and gas in the tank is highly recommended.
~ Ride within your comfort zone and leave room for bad karma.
~ I may pass slower traffic when it's safe. You don't have to. Remember, someone will wait for you at turns, so just relax and have fun.
~ I maintain the Pace according to road conditions with safety of all riders in mind. Be mindful of others in the group. Let faster riders get ahead of you by moving to the right and signaling them to pass you. And if you want to pass the rider(s) who are in front of you, make sure to do so safely and without startling them.
~ If you know the area and would like to sweep for the group (AM shift, PM shift or both), please let me know.
~ Good stuff to read before going on group rides (CLICK).
~ Keep an eye for the rider(s) behind you so they won't take a wrong turn. If they get lost, you'll buy their lunch
Bay Area Weather Outlook:
My Phone #