No Country For Old Bikes: Lake Berryessa / Calistoga / Marin Loop
* * Space is limited. Sign up early * *
• When: Sat 1/18/14 - Arrive by 8:45 AM, Stage @ 8:55, KSU @ 9:00 AM
• Where: Meet at Union 76 at 23007 Arnold Dr - corner of Arnold Dr (Hwy 121) and Hwy 116. It's 6 miles North of Sonoma Raceway.
(There 's a Deli next door for snacks, drinks, etc.) - once you are fueled up and had coffee, STAGE at Park-n-Ride parking across the street by 8:55 AM. KSU 9 AM (map link = http://goo.gl/cpNpv8)
• Pace: Not too slow. Not too fast. Just right.
• Gear: Head to toe.
• Motorcycle: Yes, please bring it with you ;-)
• Route: ~ Expect 165 +/- counter clockwise miles of the great roads of Marin County / North Bay. Mostly smooth technical backroads, with a few bumps thrown in for fun. Ride will around 4 PM in San Rafael area. Not for newbies \ Rain Will Cancel .
>>> Lunch at Busters BBQ in Calistoga <<<
Words of Wisdom:
~ Please review Liability Release statement at THIS LINK
~ Proper gear, a working machine and gas in the tank is highly recommended.
~ Ride within your comfort zone and leave room for bad karma.
~ I may pass slower traffic when it's safe. You don't have to. Remember, someone will wait for you at turns, so just relax and have fun.
~ I maintain the Pace according to road conditions with safety of all riders in mind. Be mindful of others in the group. Let faster riders get ahead of you by moving to the right and signaling them to pass you. And if you want to pass the rider(s) who are in front of you, make sure to do so safely and without startling them.
~ If you know the area and would like to sweep for the group (AM shift, PM shift or both), please let me know.
~ Good stuff to read before going on group rides (CLICK).
~ Keep an eye for the rider(s) behind you so they won't take a wrong turn. If they get lost, you'll buy their lunch
Bay Area Weather Outlook: