Guelph PHP Message Board › February Meeting

February Meeting

Jeremy C.
user 13887596
Group Organizer
Guelph, ON
Hi everyone,

Our February meeting is coming up in a few weeks and I thought I'd send out a message with some news and developments.

Firstly, as many of you already know, our speaker for this month, Joel Perras, has had to postpone due to a scheduling clash. I'm open to ideas of topics and speakers but at the moment it looks like I'll be presenting a talk on 'PHPUnit: from Zero to Hero'. If any of you have any strong feelings for or against that or have ideas on what you'd like to hear presented let me know. Details of the meeting can be found at http://www.gpug.ca/

We're also looking for speakers for May onwards. Joel Perras will be coming at a later date TBC but we do need talks and speakers. Please let us know if you have any topics and/or speakers that you would like us to bring to Guelph. Also if any of you would like to present drop us a line and we'll see when we can fit you in. I would love to do a (very tongue in cheek) 'Framework Smackdown' at some point in the future and if any of you would like to present the case for Zend Framework 1/2, Symfony 1/2, Cake PHP, CodeIgniter or any of the other myriad PHP frameworks let us know.

In the coming months I would love to build this group into a thriving resource for PHP developers in South Western Ontario. We've had a fantastic start and have built up a great core following but I'd love to expand on that. Please spread the word to as many developers that you can. Meetup seems to be a good place to publicise the group and we'll also keep using the website (more below).

Finally, feel free to contact us at any time. You can reach me on jeremy@gpug.ca and Colin (our co-organizer) at colin@gpug.ca. Our website is http://www.gpug.ca...­ and we also have an IRC channel on Freenode at #GuelphPHP. You can also post to our message board on Meetup.

Looking forward to seeing you all on February 29th.

Jeremy.