Guitar Meetup Group RTP area Message Board › Looking for a guitar buddy/buddies to learn with in North Raleigh!

Looking for a guitar buddy/buddies to learn with in North Raleigh!

Daniel B.
danbutler
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 4
I'm just starting to learn guitar, and I'd love to find someone or a few folks to get together regularly (1-3 times a week) later at night (probably after 9 PM) to learn together with the intention of sitting around and having jam sessions eventually! I'd be happy to find a public place to meet, or I can host at my house (I'm right off Millbrook and Old Wake Forest Rd). I'd love to find someone experienced that wants to help a beginner like me, but I figure I'll throw it out to anyone, gauge interest, and figure out a plan from there. Thanks in advance.. can't wait to jam!
A former member
Post #: 33
Hi Dan,

I have been playing since I was 12. Never played publicly but am interested in finding people to play and learn from.

What kind of music do you like?
A former member
Post #: 4
Hey Dan,

I've only been playing for about 5 months, but have been lookin for some folks to practice/jam with. Gimmie a shout if you're still lookin, later

Ken
A former member
Post #: 6
Hey Tony,

That would be great, if you could get something together open to all skill levels I would definately be interested.

Ken
A former member
Post #: 1
I don't know if I could commit to more than once a week, since I am in Cary. That said, I would be interested in sharing what I know and learning from others. Even if got together at a state park in a pavilion on a Saturday for an hour or so would be great.
A former member
I'm just starting to learn guitar, and I'd love to find someone or a few folks to get together regularly (1-3 times a week) later at night (probably after 9 PM) to learn together with the intention of sitting around and having jam sessions eventually! I'd be happy to find a public place to meet, or I can host at my house (I'm right off Millbrook and Old Wake Forest Rd). I'd love to find someone experienced that wants to help a beginner like me, but I figure I'll throw it out to anyone, gauge interest, and figure out a plan from there. Thanks in advance.. can't wait to jam!
WHATS UP DAN? Im new from NYC and this would make my day...week...month...year....whatever! let me know when you finally get somethiing going
A former member
Hey there,
Are you making progress with this? I'm also looking for practice/jamming buddies.
In SW Durham but can travel.
Jackie
Martha O.
MarthaO
Louisburg, NC
Sounds good to me but I also don't think I could meet more than once a week. Good to hear people are trying to get together!
Daniel B.
danbutler
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 11
Ok guys -- I JUST got notified that people had responded to this thread! If you're interested in making this a reality, I am happy to donate my home once a week (since it sounds like more than that is tough). Send me an email to air7walk@gmail.com with your info (how to contact you) and what days you're most likely to be available. I'm thinking Sunday night might be easier since it's the end of the weekend and we can jam out before having to start the work week, but I'd also be up for a Saturday afternoon session if that's better. I can't wait to get this started!! Let's all learn together and be rockstars!!