Feb 9, 2013 · 6:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
1. Any type of chili is fine! Beans, no beans, vegetarian, white chili, ‘secret ingredient’, whatever floats your boat! We’ll be ‘sampling’ the chili in 2oz tasting cups during the voting. Make as much chili as you can! If you run out, everybody won’t be able to sample/vote for your chili! After the sampling is over, guests will be able to come back and fill up a regular bowl of their favorite chili.
2. Participants should bring chili ‘hot and ready to serve’ in a crockpot. Several power strips will be available to plug in your slow cooker/crockpot.
3. Please bring a serving spoon and any ‘fixings’ that go with your specific chili – sour cream, cheese, onions, etc – if needed. Also, BYOB and cooler with ice to keep YOB in.
4. Name your chili! We’ll keep each chef’s name a secret, so please name your chili something unique that guests will be able to vote on. ‘Blazing Saddles’, ‘Fire in the HOLE’, ‘Shotgun Willie’, ‘Chili Nirvana’…ya know, fun stuff like that. Please email Laura (through the meetup site is fine) with YOUR NAME and the NAME OF YOUR CHILI. She will be making ballots and signs with the chili names on them. Please let Laura know that you want to participate in the cook off no later than Wednesday, February 6.
5. Arrive at 5pm on Saturday, February 9. You’ll have 1 hour to plug in your crockpot and ‘pregame’ with the other chefs before the guests/judges arrive.
6. This is FOR FUN! So, have fun!
1. To participate in the Chili eating and judging, please be prepared to make at LEAST a $2 donation. If you’d like to make a larger donation, please feel free! For every increment of $2, you will receive ONE ballot! You can vote more than once for your favorite chili!
2. Please, limit to one serving per chili during the voting period. We want to make sure everybody gets to sample each of chili entries! After the voting has completed, you’ll be able to go back and get more of your favorite.
3. BYOB! Bring a COOLER with ICE and whatever you want to drink! Also, other snacks are welcome.
The FIRST three people to email Laura (through the meetup site) and PINKY PROMISE to bring ONE of the following, gets to eat/vote for free.
1. 200 plastic spoons (Big Lots or Dollar Store)
2. 200 cheap disposable bowls (super cheap at Big Lots)
3. 500 cheap paper napkins (Big Lots/Dollar Store)
Ken is being SO gracious to let us use the beach house again! We need to help him CLEAN UP! This can either be immediately after the party or EARLY the next day. The first three people that message Laura and volunteer to help clean up get in for free, too! If you fail to stay and help or come back the next day….we’ll remember and you’ll forever be shunned. Okay, not really but if you say you’re going to do this, please do.
All proceeds will go to Humanists of West Florida for things like - paying for this meetup site, upcoming service projects and hopefully towards getting some speakers to come visit our area.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!