Gulf Coast Science Cafe Message Board › Stargaze at Pensacola Beach Pavilion Aug 5 & 6

Stargaze at Pensacola Beach Pavilion Aug 5 & 6

Rick H.
user 14250147
Pensacola, FL
Post #: 12
Once again the EAAA will hold a free public stargaze at the Pensacola Beach gulfside pavilion this Aug 5 & 6. Gaze starts at dusk and runs until around midnight. Everybody's welcome to come out and gaze through our telescopes. Maybe the weather will cooperate this time.

Rick
Rick H.
user 14250147
Pensacola, FL
Post #: 13
Well, the Pensacola Clear Sky Clock, http://cleardarksky.c...­ , shows it to be cloudy tonight but much better tomorrow night. We'll have to wait and see how it looks later today but there's a good chance tonight will be cancelled. Let's hope for clearer skies tomorrow. Eventually we'll hit one !!!

Rick Hogue
EAAA
Jody S.
spiegel_jody
Pensacola, FL
Post #: 5
Where the scopes set up on Saturady August 6, 2011. I was at the Gulf Side Pavilion at 9:30pm and I did not see any scopes setup. I only saw the tear down of the outdoor movie screen and equipment. So, was I at the right place and the scopes where not out or where the scopes setup else where?
Please email me at spiegel_jody@hotmail.com. Thank you.
Rick H.
user 14250147
Pensacola, FL
Post #: 14
If you were at the pavilion you were in the right place. I believe the cloud cover kept the club from going out, as was the case on Friday night as well. We haven't had very good luck hitting good weather this year. Let's hope for better skies for our Ft Pickens stargaze on the 19th.

Rick