WHAT THE GROUP IS ABOUT
Huntington Beach Scrabble Meetup Group is a social group of people who share the passion for Scrabble. Events are organized by the Organizer on a voluntary-basis. We aim to create a safe, friendly and fun environment for members to come together to meet new people, socialize, network, relax and have fun.
1. There is no cost to be a member.
2. Members are required to post a recognizable photo so that we can identify you at events. If you do not have the ability to take a photo the Organizer can do it for you.
3. Members are encouraged to be actively involved. Members who have not participated in any event in 3 consecutive months are considered 'inactive'; active members usually get RSVP priority so PARTICIPATE!
1. Organizer has complete control and responsibility of the event she organizes and hosts (type of event, venue, schedule, attendees, etc.). The nature of events/meetings organized should be in alignment of what the group is about.
2. Members are welcome to suggest events/venues for the group to explore, just send your idea to the Organizer.
To foster and cultivate a safe social community and to ensure events are enjoyable for everyone; members are expected to be considerate and respectful of each other. If conflict arises between members; the parties involved are expected to first, address the issue timely, privately, constructively and fairly with each other. If the issue does not get resolved and the problematic behavior continues, then it may be brought to the Organizer's attention. Inappropriate conduct and behavior will not be tolerated and will be grounds for membership termination; this includes stalking, harassment, violence, verbal abuse, unwelcome advances, disruptions, etc.
1. Members may use the Message Board, Poll, and Email List to communicate with other members about events, news, announcement, etc. relevant and related to the Group's activities.
2. The Organizer uses email to announce new events, notify members of event detail changes, etc. If you think you are receiving excessive emails; it is usually because: a) your email settings are not set properly; b) you belong to too many meet-ups; or c) all of the above. So, please take responsibility in controlling the volume of email messages coming your way. Just remember that if you take yourself off the email list, you will not be receiving announcements of new events.
RSVP & ATTENDANCE
The Organizer volunteers her valuable time putting together the bi-weekly events that are enjoyable to everyone, managing the RSVP's and setting up for game night. Please respect her time and efforts by following the protocols listed below when signing-up for events. Your co-operation will help make event coordination easier for the organizer. Keep in mind, Organizers are not getting paid for organizing, events must be fun for them as well, so members have to make the event rewarding for the organizers.
RSVP: First read the event description before signing up so you know what to expect . RSVP Yes only if you are seriously planning to attend, not just to hold a spot. It is understood that circumstances change, stuff comes up, life happens, etc., so if your plans change, update your RSVP or contact the organizer as soon as possible so that your spot can be filled with someone on the Wait List. No-shows or late cancellations without legitimate reason and random appearances at events are not appreciated nor tolerated. Please be considerate of arriving on time as it will effect the timing of game-play. If you are going to be late please let the hostess know via the phone number provided with the directions. Members who demonstrate repeated disregard of group's policies and protocols may prompt membership termination.
Wait List: If an event is full and you want to join, you may put yourself on the Wait List so you can be added if/when a spot opens up (someone drops out or the organizer opens up more spots). If you made other plans while on the Wait List, extend the organizer the courtesy of updating your RSVP to remove yourself from the Wait List.
NOTE: The organizer may refuse RSVP's at her discretion.
Just a reminder that upon joining Meet-Up, you released the Organizer from ALL liability related to incidents that occur at any Meet-Up gatherings; that includes this Huntington Beach Scrabble Meetup Group. At any event where alcohol is involved, participating members are entirely responsible for monitoring their own alcohol consumption. Huntington Beach Scrabble Meetup Group does not support, endorse or advocate the abuse of alcoholic beverages in any form.
If you have feedback, suggestions, constructive comments on any part of "About Us", please email the Organizer.
Now, let's go have some fun!