It's Spring and weather predicts a sunny day! Let's get outside and enjoy the countryside pre kayak season. Join us on an easy combination of smooth trail and road conditions so either road or mountain bike will work fine.
Lyman Orchards is the Lunch destination, ride with us or meet us at the lunch spot if you can not ride. We will sit on the varanda overlooking the beautiful pond and mountainside.
Bicycle Ride – Wadsworth Falls – Lunch @ Lyman – ride to Mansion – return to Waterfall
Date: April 5 @ 11AM – Meet at Wadsworth Falls State Park on Wadsworth Street
Exercise, Friendship and Lunch. What could be better?
(Bike Helmets required)
Estimated Distance: 11-12 miles
Estimated Time: about 2.0 hours
Estimated Time with Lunch: about 3.0 hours
Don’t hold me to exact time or exact distance—these are approximations.
1. Part easy mountain bike trail (two waterfalls loop)
2. Part easy road riding through country roads
3. Lunch at Lyman Orchards
4. Visit Wadsworth Mansion and trail system
5. Return to Wadsworth Street where the cars are parked
Here is the route:
1. Park and meet: Wadsworth Falls state park, Park entrance on Wadsworth Street.
2. We will depart from the parking lot and follow the orange trail on this map [1.5 miles] (right click here, open in html hyperlink: http://www.ct.gov/deep/lib/deep/stateparks/maps/wadsworth.pdf
3. Coming out on Cherry Hill Road where we will continue to Miller Road to Lyman Road. [2.0 miles]
4. Lunch at Lyman Orchard on the veranda overlooking the duck pond.
5. Return, north on Lyman Road à Route 147
6. Onto Miller Road
7. Onto Cherry Hill Road
8. Back into Wadsworth park system-- or we can decide at that time to take the country roads along the streets to the cars.
OPTIONAL --> Continue past cars to Wadsworth mansion at Long Hill estate and follow brick wall path leading around the grounds [8 miles from Lyman orchard]
11. Head back to Wadsworth Street back to cars [ 0.5 mile]
What to bring:
A bicycle, helmet, water bottle, backpack, closed toe shoes.
About $10 for lunch (can be less or more, depends on what you like to order).
Directions to WADSWORTH --
APX GPS to get you close enough: 809 Wadsworth ST, Middletown CT
From Hartford area:
Take I-91 south onto Route 9 south. Follow Route 9 south to Middletown. Take Middletown – Meriden Exit 15 onto Route 66. Stay on Route 66 through Middletown for 6-7 traffic lights – look for the signs Wadsworth Falls State Park and Route 157 at a traffic light near a Walgreen’s Pharmacy. Take a left onto Route 157. Stay on Route 157. Wadsworth Falls State Park will be on the left.