Nothing is more luxurious than hand-crafted goat milk soap, and it's even better when you can make it yourself for your home and for gift-giving! The class will include:
- Step-by-step instruction/demonstration in the cold-process technique for goat milk soap
- Overview of the oils that can be used in soapmaking
- The properties of essential oils and creating fragrance combinations
- How to use additives, including herbs, flowers, oats, and honey
- Molds and cutting
- Lye safety
Participants will receive a bar of goat milk soap, plus a basic soap recipe with suggested variations.
Cost: $40 (includes one bar of soap and instructional handouts)
About the Instructor:
Sundari is the author of "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Urban Homesteading" and the proud owner of two backyard dwarf dairy goats. She has written about goat milk soapmaking for MaryJanesFarm magazine, and happily makes all of the soap used by her family.
To Register For This Class:
You will need to join this group in order to register. Your information will be kept private, and you won't receive more than one monthly email from Heirloom Gardens.
Follow the instructions in the blue box (upper right) to join the group. When you register for a class you will be guided to pay online through Amazon payments. Once this system is set up, you can register for future classes with just one click.
If you have any questions or encounter any problems, please contact Sundari at:
We understand that circumstances may arise that require you to cancel or change a scheduled class.
- If you notify us more than 7 days before the class, you can receive a credit for an upcoming class (at the same price) or receive a refund.
- If you notify us between 48 hours and 7 days before the class, you will receive a credit for an upcoming class.
- If you notify us less than 48 hours before the class, you can choose to either transfer your seat to another person, or receive an Heirloom Gardens gift certificate for 50% of the cost of the class.