Announcing a new Meetup for The Harlem Harvest Farmers Market/Communtiy Gardens!
When: April 6, 2009 3:00 PM
Where: Click the link below to find out!
Meetup Description: Spanish & English
Monday April 6th, 2009, 3pm
Melissa Mark-Viverito?s Office
105 E. 116th Street
Community Gardeners - Harlem United Gardens
Melissa Mark-Viverito - Councilmember
Edie Stone - Parks/GreenThumb
Laura Crotty - City Year
Aresh Javadi - More Gardens!
1. The Carolina, Francisco Carrasquillo: is scheduled to move to Madison Avenue/ new site, EDC had promised cleaning up rubble 2ft down, adding new soil, casita, composting toilet, and providing trees and beds to the site. Betty and Jacqie Robinson community garden need to be patient until Fransisco's site is ready.
Rosa and other elders from Young Devils may also be joining Carolinas.
-Needs 12 feet gates
-Fixing the chain link fence ideally putting iron gates for the community garden
2. Pueblo Unido, Olga Ramos, La Cuevita, and Tito Puente garden
- Gates. Where is Loewen? When do we get the gates started? We need a signed contract with the welders.
Pueblo Unido - Two dead trees fell, one on the fence and the other one close to the casita. The two dead trees were reported 3 years ago. The fence needs to be fixed.
- Needs soil.
3. Villa Santurce Jardinera, Olga Costoso:
-3 dead trees and branches fell down. 2 more need to be removed, quite dangerous.
- Repairing roof. City Year, help with repairs?
- Needs general help and new members
4. Magic Garden, Lidia Roman [masked]
Please, give her a phone call.... she is recovering at home from a knee surgery after she slipped on an icy side walk this winter. What is the update with Lantern?s plans
5 Update from the El Gallo community garden.
Lessons on how to receive what all gardens deserve.
6. Any news in developing the little league baseball field as a:
Community environmental center with green workers cooperative. A giant community farm. Greenest low income housing built by the people who live in them and keep them serviced. Organic restaurant that feeds people from the fresh food grown on the giant farm and the giant greenhouse next to it,
7, City Year?s Laura Craft who is a new contact, is invited to respond to the community gardeners need and how they can best help the communities
c o - f o u n d e r
M o r e G a r d e n s !
NY City Community Garden
Coalition - Board Member
new office address:
250 East 139th Street, 3rd floor
Bronx, New York, 10451
office phone: [masked]
New York City needs to breathe!
Directions By Subway: Take the 4, 5, or 6 first train stop in the South Bronx at 138th Street. After you get out of the subway,
walk to139th Street and Morris where it meets 3rd Avenue. More Gardens! The purple office door is to the LEFT of Maria's Tyre Shop sign, two flights up.... tada
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/Harlem-Harverst-Farmers-Market-I-II/calendar/10127494/