Hacks/Hackers Syracuse Message Board › CRYPTOparty: Learn how to encrypt communications
Hello, Syracuse Hacks & Hackers!
One of our members, Daniel Sieradski, has offered to host a "Cryptoparty" next Thursday, April 25 at "The Taste" restaurant / bar in Syracuse. You can read the details and RSVP here:
What's a cryptoparty? It's an event where you can bring your laptop and learn how to encrypt your communications, Web searches and more to keep it safe from prying eyes. In an era of rampant hacking, surveillance and whistleblower prosecutions, encryption is becoming more important for journalists.
* Password security.
* Web form encryption with SSL.
* Internet traffic anonymizing and encryption with VPN.
* Web browsing anonymizing with TOR.
* Email encryption with PGP.
* Instant messaging encryption with OTR.
* Audio and video chat encryption with ZRTP.
* Disk encryption with TrueCrypt & FileVault.
To learn more about the CryptoParty movement, visit http://cryptoparty.or...[/url].