August 5, 2012 · 2:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
We will taste 3 coffees from different countries in Africa, including Rwanda, Burundi & Ethiopia, which has different tasting profile. They are either SCAA Specialty Grade (score 80 or above). They taste pretty different from the conventional or traditional bitter coffee we were once accustomed to. Coffee can be fruity, chocolaty, earthy, smoky... depending on their growing regions and processing methods. Since we are not doing milk tasting nor syrup tasting, we will skip the sugar and cream/milk. Prepared for black coffee.
I will guide you through the tasting notes with the SCAA "Coffee Taster's Flavor Wheel", a tool many coffee professionals use when tasting coffee. Also guide you through the characteristic of coffee from different processing method, stories about each origin and their tasting profile. I will also demonstrate different home coffee brewing method.
It's Sunday afternoon! Let's have fun, relax and have a great cup of coffee!
Date: 5 August, 2012 (SUN)
Time: 2:30 - 4:30 PM
Venue: Liberty Club (PRIVATE CLUB HOUSE, 5 mins walk from Lai Chi Kok MTR)
Fee: HK$180 per person (advance payment required for confirmation)
* We will meet 2:20pm SHARP at Lai Chi Kok MTR Exit D3. Since no public access, I need to bring you to the club house. If you are late, I won't be able to walk out to take you after the workshop start.
- Tasting of 3 single origin beans (SCAA Specialty Grade)
- Chance to see and touch the real beans (raw & roasted) and learn about its process
- Learn how to taste coffee like wine using SCAA "Flavor Wheel"
- Meeting new friends who love coffee
- HKD Money transfer to HSBC account no. [masked] ; or
- Paypal USD25 (includive Paypal fee) to [masked]
- Email [masked] after payment so that I know who paid
*As space is limited, please RSVP ONLY if you are sure you can attend this event.