This group was formed May 25th 2008 when we had our very first ride. It was totally a spur of the moment thing - 8 guys (and 1 girl) on Blue & White GSXR's who all met that weekend at Starbucks... The rest is history...
What the Houston Gixxers is for (in no particular order):
1. ANYONE with a sportbike is welcome. (BRAND doesn't matter we just happened to start with GSXR's)
2. The point is to have fun!
3. We hope for HG members to pass along to fellow riders the knowledge they've gained riding sportbikes in Houston: routes, bike maintenance, importance of safety gear, riding techniques, stunting techniques, etc.
Houston Gixxers Organizers of 2013
4.We are consider a Fast Group and have a Fast Pace when we ride , But No egos allowed! Hey, we aren’t out there to race each other and endanger each other. No ego, no excess competitiveness. Keep our rides safe and be courteous to the rest of us. [This includes things like, don't pass in the corners; in fact, don't pass people just to slow way down and have them pass you, don't follow too close, pass-back hand signals, check your tire pressure, chain and sprocket condition, etc. before you head-out to a ride.]
5. Ride your own ride! By joining this group you agree that your ride is inevitably your responsibility, and you cannot hold the Houston Gixxers or it’s organizers liable. If you attempt to ride above your ability level, you could get injured or even injure someone else. Know you ability and don't exceed it.
6. This group coordinates small and large group rides around Houston and occasional trips to ride the Hill Country. We also attend Track Days through www.ridesmart.info. In addition, we have parties and “meet ‘n greets” at various locations around town. As a member, we welcome you to attend any and all the events on our calendar. The goal is for you to feel at home and welcome.
7. Startng 7-1-09, membership dues are $15/year. 100% of the dues collected go back into the group. You must paypal your dues in order to join the group. Please click the link for our dues policy in detail:
Upon joining the HG’s we encourage you to look at the Discussions on the Message Board. Feel free to post up an introduction so we can all learn a bit about you. Please take a look at the Calendar, Message Board Discussions, Polls, and Pictures. We hope to meet you soon!
Houston Gixxers was formed in 2008 by Will and Jen. Their goal was to increase motorcycle safety and awareness. The group continues to this day and the goal is still the same. The strongest values that HG (Houston Gixxers) honors are camaraderie, fun and safety. * HG - Have Gear to Play Here *
We are a close group of motorcyclists always welcoming new members and consider ourselves Family. We expect members to have gear to play here: a valid motorcycle license, valid insurance, safety gear (helmet, jacket, gloves, boots, and no shorts or sandals), and participation with the group. HG can not be held responsible for any individuals actions, each person has to ride their own ride. :) With that, HG has the right to not allow someone to participate in the rides if they don't have all of the HG listed gear on, this includes passengers.
New membership is $15 paid per person through MeetUp or to an Organizer in person within one month of joining. Thereafter, $15 is payable by January 31 regardless of when you join. This is in order to support group activity benefits such as for giveaways. Some examples include track days, gas cards, knee guards, etc - which we all enjoy! :)
We're really glad you found us and hope you find HG to be like family to you!