Bitcoin is an example of Proof-of-Work systems that relies on distributed and untrusted computing nodes to validate some operations at large.
This time, we present how Bitcoin and systems alike operate as PoW, and also take the opportunity to investigate other technical and HPC related aspects of Bitcoin:
- Proof-of-Work systems, functions, protocols
- Bitcoin architecture, and reverse engineering of the source code
- Bitcoin as a PoW
- Bitcoin mining: operation, OpenCL kernels, mining devices, ..
- Alternative virtual currency systems
- Some analysis on past Bitcoin transactions
!! Watch out for the new location this month !!
Contents in english, talk in French.
Snacks should be served.