This location is shown only to members
This session is on consensus algorithms:
how to best achieve consensus among a set of distributed and unreliable nodes.
- Paxos: family of protocols for reaching consensus among unreliable nodes. Paper 'Paxos made simple' (2001).
- RAFT (1 contrib): protocol explained, scenarios through MSCs, execution of source code: Paper 'In Search of an Understandable Consensus Algorithm'
- Zab (1 contrib): atomic broadcast layer and protocol used in Zookeeper. Paper 'Zab: High-performance broadcast for primary-backup systems'
- Viewstamped Replication (1 contrib): replication technique handling node crash failures: Paper 'VR Revisited'
We will also go through latest relevant news on HPC.
- 5 euros to attend
- free access to contributors
- 10 seats available - first arrived first served.
How can I contribute?
- by writing some doc (MD or HTML5)
- by providing Linux install scripts (Bash, Python, ..)
- by providing test source code (benchmarks, etc..)
Contribution needed on 'Paxos'.
Can you contribute on this?
Join or login to comment.
Excellent meetup. En particulier, quelle surprise d'assister à un exposé de Barbara Liskov !
0 · February 26, 2014
Refunds offered if:
Payments you make go to the organizer, not to Meetup. You must make refund requests to the organizer.
On High-Performance Computing
- GPU / Multi-core / Many-core / Xeon Phi / FPGA
- distributed systems: compute and storage nodes, architectures
- algorithms and data structures
- open source tools and libraries
- design, development, testing, deployment and system admin
.. and more!
2,952 French Scrum Users
Meetup has allowed me to meet people I wouldn't have met naturally - they're totally different than me.
— Allison, started Women's Adventure Travel
Meetup members, Log in