Help support your MeetupChip in
Welcome to Hampton Roads Humanists(H.R.H) meet-up group. H.R.H. was founded in 2010 and since has been proudly serving Humanists, Atheists, Heathens, Agnostics, Freethinkers, and Secularists in Hampton Roads, (A.K.A. Tidewater) and the nearby areas.
This is a CLOSED group. Only members can see the postings, pictures and meet-up locations.
In order to avoid the intrusion of spam and religious missionaries you must post a picture of yourself.
We are the most active Atheist group in the area. We had over 600 meet ups since 2010. If you are a social and active person, this is the group to join.
We are a group of ‘like minded’ people who like to get together, attend local events, and have some fun while exchanging ideas and learning from each other.
We believe in a system of thought that rejects religious beliefs and the importance of a belief in God, and centers on humans and their values, capacities, worth, needs, and welfare.
Our topics are not limited to Humanism or Atheism. You can start any topic or debate as long as it is respectable.
If you are looking to buy or sell and item or service you can do that too. You can advertise your business as well.
Feel free to share your news with us (happy or sad), we are a family.
We prefer friendly people who like to be social and active, not those who are invisible and like to hide behind a key-board at all times. This is a 'Meet-Up' group, therefore we strive to meet each other at some point. We are not about quantity, but rather quality and activity.
• Members must be 18+ years of age.
• Accounts inactive over 6 months will be removed.
• Please try to attend at least 3 of our gatherings a year.
• If you are annoyed by the amount of e-mail, please do not announce your frustration to the group.
Instead adjust your e-mail settings.
• Ad hominem attacks and vulgar language will not be tolerated. If you ever have a conflict with a member, first try to resolve it between yourselves privately. If you can't, then you can inform one of the organizers. Debates are good because we can learn from each other and we are entitled to our opinions. However we don’t always have to be right and have to have the last word.
1,206 Movers and Shakers
1,127 Trail Runners
161 Critical Thinkers
1,909 Friendship and Randomness Seeker
505 Tidewater Travelers