Are you a Highly Sensitive Person?
In her book "The Highly Sensitive Person" Dr. Elaine Aron defines a distinct personality trait that is inherited by only 15-20% of the population. The HSP has a sensitive nervous system, is aware of subtleties in his/her surroundings, and is more easily overwhelmed when in a highly stimulating environment. HSPs’ nervous system is more sensitive to subtleties. Your sight, hearing, and sense of smell are not necessarily keener, but your brain processes information and reflects on it more deeply.
Is this you?
- Are you easily overwhelmed by bright lights, strong smells, loud noises etc.?- Do you get rattled when you have a lot to do in a short amount of time?
- During busy days, do you need to withdraw in a place where you can have privacy and relief from the situation?
- Do you make it a high priority to arrange your life to avoid upsetting or overwhelming situations?
- Do you notice or enjoy delicate or fine scents, tastes, sounds, or works of art?
- Do you have a rich and complex inner life?
In a culture that prefers confident "bold" extraverts, HSPs have been stigmatized. HSPs only appear inhibited because they are so aware of all the possibilities in a situation. HSPs pause before acting, reflecting on their past experiences and are in general, authentic, creative and conscientious.
Wish you had a group that understood your needs and desires?
Please join us if you identify with HSP nature and want to work on expanding your awareness.
WHAT WE GET UP TO IN THE HSP GROUP:
- Brunches, Lunches, Arvo Teas
- Garden walks
- Meditation sessions
- Therapeutic workshops
- Art classes
- Enjoying music/ museums/ galleries/ plays
- Historical walks and lectures
- Cultural pursuits
This is a special group: it is a safe haven for HSPs to come out and be themselves without fear of engaging with people who are vampire-like extroverts, incessantly intolerant, or beings lacking in decorum, intelligence and culture.