addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

HTML5 User Group Message Board › Getting introduced to Qt

Getting introduced to Qt

A former member
Post #: 74
Greetings everyone, I represent both Nokia and Qt developer outreach for the DFW area. Today I'm here to talk about Qt.

No, I don’t mean the Quick Trip gas station.

Qt is a cross-platform development tool that leverages your strengths in C++ and/or JavaScript to create really cool applications for a variety of devices and end uses. It is especially popular in embedded programming but also known as the creative tool behind Google Earth and AutoDesk’s Maya. It’s also gaining popularity as a development tool for Raspberry Pi boards.

Digia is working to increase awareness and usage of Qt since they acquired the product from Nokia. This includes a series of training and meetup events, including one scheduled for November 28 in the Dallas – Fort Worth area. The location is not set yet, but we have been trying for Grapevine or Irving to accommodate the scattered Metroplex. If these areas don’t work out, by default the location will be a community center in Richardson. If you RSVP at the meetup site you will receive updates as they occur.

Hope to see you there! We’ll have giveaways! Spread the word!