You can sign up here
HXD Vancouver's next Meetup event is Jan 31st at SFU (823 Seymour Street, 2nd Floor, Vancouver, BC ). There will be a lecture given by Jason Hwang, an MD and MBA on Ideas for Impact: A Disruptive Solution for Health Care.
This event is not run by HXD Vancouver, so you have to register with Eventbrite (link is on the Meetup page). However, this may also be a good opportunity to do some more networking and continue discussions from the first Meetup.
If anyone wants to connect afterwards, I suggest we go to the Kingston Taphouse, a cozy spot that is conducive to discussions after the public lecture. http://www.kingstontaphouse.com/
Sign up for the meetup and see you next week!
A few more details on the speaker (not sure if it will be in anyway reflective of the event -- but it might provide some clue as to what he *might reference):
The speaker had co-authored the book: The Innovator's Prescription. The book covers topics such as:
- “Precision medicine” reduces costs and makes good on the promise of personalized care
- Disruptive business models improve quality, accessibility, and affordability by changing the way hospitals and doctors work
- Patient networks enable better treatment of chronic diseases
- How employers can change the roles they play in health care to compete effectively in the era of globalization
- What insurance and regulatory reforms are doing to stimulate disruption in health care
Also there is a video on YouTube of Dr. Jason Hwang discussing his book.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfMqU7P1sdg