addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Hacker Lab Message Board › Fellow hackers!

Fellow hackers!

Charles B.
user 39919142
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 1
Welcome!

Some of you may have joined because you are interested in the open-ended side of hacking. For what Gina was trying to do, it seemed very apropos to help shakeout the hackers in our community and foster an environment where we could congregate to exchange and develop ideas; in my opinion, revolutionary ideas are at the core of many startups. If you were ever interested in "what if" scenarios, if you ever wondered how something really worked, then this is the place for you.

I would like to poll you all to see what we are most interested in. Some ideas might include:

Geocaching
Autonomous vehicles
Writing secure code
Artificial Intelligence
How to protect your computer/network
Help submitting for a CON (e.g. DEFCON 20)
Near field communication (NFC) experimentation
Computer Security: getting your foot in the door
Demystifying the current corporate fads (big data, cloud computing)
Amateur Radio: getting licensed, APRS, fox-hunting, setting up a repeater
Human hacking (psychology, brain research, RFID implant, perception, cognition, lucid dreaming)
Hardware/Software integration (webifying a lawn sprinkler system, Tweeting RFID pet doors, etc...)
Classes that you would be interested in (Social Engineering, Hardware hacking 101, Running Linux, Wireless 101)

...and ideas for group activities:

Trivia night at a local venue
Volunteerism as a group
Games night (poker, chess, board games) at the Lab
Competitions/Social Events (Flugtag, FIRST Lego League, etc...)

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend the first meet-and-greet. I am very bummed! So, I'm proposing another meeting for Friday, March 23, ~6pm at our new location! Add to this thread...if it gets out of control, I'll setup a survey monkey or something...

I look forwad to meeting and working with you!
Ψ

Gina L.
GinaLujan
Group Organizer
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 32
I am so excited about this. What you bring to the space creates a totally unique opportunity when it comes to work spaces.

Whoot whoot!