addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Hacker Lab Message Board › Hacker News and Events!!!

Hacker News and Events!!!

Gina L.
GinaLujan
Group Organizer
Sacramento, CA
Hey Hey Hey Ninjas!

How the heck is everyone? I hope you all are awesome and groovy. We have a lot of stuff going on here at Hacker Lab! So here we go!!

Coders Needed:
Gift Loot - I need a coder who has Java Script and HTML 5 skills. We have a test site up but I would like to build it out for mobile web and redo the backend. Currently it is me and a marketing guy. You can email me back to get in touch.

Speed Punch - IOS Developer needed for programming an IPad app that is already built and on the market. They are looking to expand into a different market and 95% of the coding is there but they need to build out the new features.  Contact Mahil Keval  mahil@speedpunch.com

Upcoming Dates:

Hacker Lab Lunchtime
This Weds 12 noon @ Pangaea! Be there or be square! There will be more than 10 of us eating, chatting, and drinking beer! 

Startup Happy Hour With Sac Starts!
May 9th! We are hanging out with Sac Starts and chopping it up over beer! Come out and join us this Friday starting at 4pm til?? 

­Republic Bar & Grill
908 15th St , Sacramento, CA (map­)

­Hacker & Founder Dating! - Find your CoFounding SoulMate or Team!! Pitch!!!
May 15!
Come out, give a pitch and possibly meet the Founder you have been looking for!
Work on your presenting skills or just sit back and give feedback to help your fellow Ninjas with their presentations! Good times with incredibly smart people!
Cereal Hack Hackathon!
www.cerealhack.com­

Join us for our first Hackathon! June 2nd and 3rd! Compete and win cool prizes! Meet awesome people and collaborate. This is Sacramento's first organized Mobile and Web App Hackathon. We need you to make it a success! We have great Mentors, Sponsors, VC's and Media Coverage! So come on down and let's disrupt Sacramento! Tickets are on sale and special priced thru Meetup for our Hacker Lab members!  

3TAPS Craigslist API Challenge: The best of three teams who use 3TAPS API for a Craigslist app wins an IPAD 3!! I CHALLENGE YOU!! COME HACK!

Hacker Lab Demo Day!
JUNE 5th 6:30- 2 Days after the Hackathon we should have some cool stuff to show off! Come down, show off your cool app or invention. We are having a DEMO day - SHOW AND TELL! Support our Ninjas or show off your stuff! We have time for about 6 presenters so if you want to DEMO please email me! 

Volunteers NEEDED!
Hacker Lab needs a part time Social Media guru to help out with marketing Hacker Lab and Cereal Hack via Facebook and Twitter. Get access to all events and Citizenship at Hacker Lab. Email me if you are interested. We really need the help!Volunteers Needed For Hackathon:

Are you a startup Founder? We need you at the Hackathon! Mentors needed to advise teams with product builds. testing/validation, and UX/UI. Teachers Needed:

If you have an expertise in something TECH, please consider giving a free or paid class at Hacker Lab. Contact us for more details.

Event Organizers and Projects Organizers Needed:
We have a cool place that can fit about 25 people. So put on your tech or hack focused Meetup/Event here.

Want to build something cool with a group? Get in touch with us to set that up. Maybe you want to test an IPHONE app with a group. Do it here, we have mostly everything to do it!

Space:We currently have one desk left in our Resident area @ 200.00 a month for up to two people. Great for bootstrapping. It is a great community here. Everyone is always connecting with each other for one reason or another. 

Our open space for drop ins is 50.00 a month! So come on in and join us! Cool schwag and cool people await you!

News:
I will now be writing for Sac Press featuring local startups. I am looking for one to two startups a month to write about. Do you know a cool local tech startup or are you one? HOLLA at yo girl!

Hacker Lab is getting written up in the Business Journal!! Whootie Whoot Whoot! They will be covering the Hackathon as well! HACKER LAB make some mother truckin noise!

I think that is all for now. Hope to see you all at some or all of the upcoming events. We need you to come out and help us build this community! So I WILL SEE YOU soon :)

Cheers and Carry On,
Gina
HackerLab.org