Drinks on us. HackerNest Tech Socials are relaxed, notoriously unpretentious, and legendary in their not-a-networking-event-ness. People come out to make new friends, not just trade business cards.
*** Deputy Mayor Norm Kelly is attending tonight's Tech Social! Woot! ***
As you know: HackerNest is a grassroots, volunteer-run nonprofit movement working towards poverty alleviation by helping make more smarter tech people (awkward grammar intentional). We build local tech communities around the world and empower them with more relevant/accessible peer-to-peer tech education through learn.HackerNest.com (YEAH, IT'S UP, HOLY MACARONI, TRY IT OUT).
• HN made a very sweet couple from California cry (tears of hope/joy) after our talk on community building at the Mensa 2014 AG in Boston, surreal! ...also, we now have a splinter cell there (tally: 16 cities)
• we're producing DementiaHack with the British Consulate on Sep 12-14... blimey!
• we spoke at the city's young entrepreneur roundtable and pushed the "more $0-$50K incubators" idea again
• we always need HackerNestimonials, volunteers, donations, and sponsors!
• WeAreWearables.com - 7pm, July 30th @ MaRS
• DementiaHack - Toronto/London hackathon Sep 12-14 @ DMZ
• 10xglobal.co - education hackathon Sep 20-23 @ Croatia
• HackTheNorth.com - massive hackathon Sep 19-21 @ UWaterloo
• UofTHacks.com - student hackathon Sep 26-28 @ UofT
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, hi-5 us in person. :)
Rough lineup (pretty much always in development)
- quick intro
- sponsor appreciation & love
Sightline Innovation: machine learning solutions for the Internet-of-things era
Sponsors make this growing movement possible - email us to chat!
Foundery: fantastic coworking space in Toronto, Foundery is a place for starting things
Wanna show off your office? We're always looking for big open spaces with 200+ (standing room) capacity that are easily accessible.
HackerNest is an international nonprofit uniting local tech communities through unpretentious Tech Socials and hackathons. We cram lots of smart, accomplished people into a room with free drinks. Our relaxed, down-to-earth events attract a diverse and highly technical membership. Strict no-douchebag policy.