If you haven’t made it out to a Hackernest Tech Social yet, this is probably the event to break out of your shell. Here’s why.
We've a SPECIAL guest from Amazon; who's special not because he's from Amazon, but because he's providing the group with ^*^FREE BEER^*^ for the evening. It's a damned sneaky trick because Amazon will be aggressively recruiting 50 new people at the Hackernest.
That’s right, folks. Bring out those pocket protectors and your favourite party socks because we’re going to party down like it’s 2012 (technogeek-style) at 8pm on Monday, March 26th, 2012. We'll be sipping ice-cold beers and talking hardware, software, social media, RFID, NFC, LBS, online strategy, a bunch of other technobabble, and trading stories about plans this summer.
See you there!
P.S. Drinks provided by the good folks at Amazon.
P.P.S. High fives provided by Shaharris.
This is a casual, social group for web/software/hardware/media/journalism technologists to come together, mingle, and perhaps find a partner in crime or two.
When: Hackernest tech socials run on the last Monday of every month at 8PM
Format: Ultra casual. Hang around, introduce yourself, chat about tech/what you're up to, plot to take over the world, etc.
Where: The Marketcrashers Hackernest
231 Wallace Avenue
Toronto, ON M6H 1V5
3 minute walk from Lansdowne TTC subway station
5 minute walk from Bloor GO train station
<*Note: $5 is suggested donation and voluntary; feel free to shell out $9309482 if you really want to>
At any given Hackernest meetup, you may find people who are:
- curious about developing on Ruby on Rails, but far too attached to Cake PHP to ever take the plunge
- looking for a tech/entrepreneur/new business story to cover
- Objective-C experts who secretly hate themselves for working on iPhones/iPads/Apple products
- looking to recruit a 5th or 6th engineer for their venture-funded TORONTO-BASED tech startup (no, seriously, it's true - these actually do exist; I happen to be part of one)
- looking to write articles/stories about the obscure/interesting/hilarious hacks you've pulled off
- totally oblivious and just wandered in because they heard there was booze (!?)
- building a top-secret app out of their basement that's going to change the way the world does X
- scrambling to find a partner to work with on a well-paying contract that's just a wee bit too much workload for the anticipated deadline
- heroes because they're part of the burgeoning community that will reverse Toronto's brain-drain
- ...incredibly talented, smart, entrepreneurial, and absolutely dangerous to the status quo
Chances are, you'll fit right in if you're a(n):
- web developer
- software developer
- web designer
- network administrator
- database administrator
- systems administrator
- front-end designer/developer
- engineer (electrical, computer)
- tech enthusiast
- tech/entrepreneur-oriented media/journalist
- really, really obsessive/compulsive blogger/Tweeter
- recruiter looking to poach PHP/Ruby/Python/Java developers for your team/firm
- internet entrepreneur
- mobile developer
- search engine optimization (SEO) professional
- software/hardware hacker/h4ck3r
- technical writer/project manager/business analyst
- 1337 individual
...and aren't a douchebag. <3