addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Hackers and Founders Wellington Message Board › Restarting meetups for Hackers and Founders Wellington

Restarting meetups for Hackers and Founders Wellington

Thong K.
kuahyeow
Wellington, NZ
Hi all,

I am looking to restart some form of regular meetups. We've had previous meetups dwindle down in attendance, perhaps due to lack of promotion or the venue wasn't quite right.

My immediate plan for this group is to find another person who is willing to help out especially with venue selection, and to (re)-start a regular monthly meetup.

We could probably re-theme this group to just "Hacker News Wellington"

I would be most happy to receive all your feedback as to how we would proceed.

Cheers

Thong

http://www.meetup.com...­

A former member
Post #: 2
+1 for restarting the meetups. -1 for changing the name.
Thong K.
kuahyeow
Wellington, NZ
Post #: 2
+1 for restarting the meetups. -1 for changing the name.

Thanks for the feedback. we are now looking to restart the meetups, starting with the Blast talks. Probably have regular speaker sessions, and interleaving social sessions like we did last year