Hackers and Founders Wellington Message Board › Lean Startup

Lean Startup

Nigel R.
user 11658886
Wellington, NZ
Post #: 1
Hi guys

Was just checking out the other Meetup groups in Wellington, and I noticed there is an established "Lean Startup" group: http://www.meetup.com...­

Here's their bio: We're a bunch of young companies implementing Lean Startup methods in our own businesses, sharing our experiences, and learning from and supporting each other.

Note: The Lean Startup is a trademark and service mark owned by Eric Ries.

Just wondering if this group is any different? Do we really need two groups? Perhaps this group should merge with theirs?

Nigel
Thong K.
kuahyeow
Group Organizer
Wellington, NZ
Post #: 1
Hi Nigel,

I'm a member of that group too. There are some obvious synergies, but I think there are are some subtle differences. One of them being the crowd of people. This group should have more developers, etc. Secondly, I plan to actually meetup regularly in a physical location in an informal setting.

Having said that, there may be opportunities to explore. Let's see how our meetups go (the Lean startup group hasn't had one yet either), and see if there's ground to reach over to the other group.

Cheers,
Thong