Report from the workspace:
1) Bandwidth is only 1.4 mbs down and almost no up (.08!!) but the pings are around 5 ms. It took 3 minutes to get my first SpeedTest.net results! Too slow for me. IT guy working on it.
2) Coffee is very good but the brewing process is really slow. One cup at a time.
3) The room is a corner retail space with large windows facing the street and a little plaza. The tables are well used hacker space type folding tables. There are a couple dozen decent office chairs and a couple dozen hard seat straight back cafe chairs. Also two sofas.
4) The main bus stop for downtown and light rail is a block away on Santa Clara St.
5) We make tent cards to identify what we are working on. So far no interaction but maybe after enough coffee :-)
6) Staff is very friendly and trying hard to make this work.
Ambiance is pretty good, I love the view and street action, and great to have coffee shops, restaurants, cafes, etc. all around.
1 · March 21
Anyone know what the bandwidth situation is there? I can't work in a black hole :-) My wife work a couple of blocks from there.
Downtown San Jose is cool, no not like COLD SF, maybe I should say warm and comfortable all year :-)
I proposed to the redevelopment agency over a decade ago that they let tech entrepreneurs have space free until they dev agency can find paying tenants. No response of course. Look at all the vacant space now to see how effective those people were.
0 · March 21
Couple of questions, this sounds awesome, my "job" is mostly crocheting so is working on a crochet project OK? also There's a meetup in SF Thursday night I don't wanna miss. so I will be there Thursday day and all day Friday. Is this OK? I don't want to take a spot from the more tech focused.
0 · March 15