add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Hacks/Hackers Berlin Message Board › Kickoff time is nearly here...

Kickoff time is nearly here...

Adam T.
user 27024612
Dublin, IE
Hi all,

With 40 RSVPs and 83 group members at the time of writing, it seems like the first Hacks/Hackers in Berlin is ready for lift-off. Thanks for all your comments and support, I think everyone is looking forward to it.

A little housekeeping... if you've RSVP'd for the event, but now can't attend, please un-RSVP yourself so others on the waiting list can take your place.

I've changed the start-time to 1930h to give the organisers a little extra time to set things up, hope that's okay.

Very cheap drinks can be bought at co.up and we'll provide some snacks, but if you are a no-concentration-when-hungry type, grab a falafel before!

Finally, we thought we might start this first session with some speedgeeking and 5 minute presentations on anything news/tech related. We'll work it like speed-dating where individuals present/pitch to a small number of people and then after 5 minutes everyone moves around in their small group, sees the next presentation, and so on.

If any brave souls would like to present, please email me ( and we'll work how many we can fit in! No beamers or mics (you can use your laptop of course), just good old face-to-face interaction. :)

Any questions or suggestions, please post them to the meetup wall for general discussion.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Best, Adam