addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Hacks/Hackers DC Message Board › Next meetup event idea: "Django for n00bs" workshop

Next meetup event idea: "Django for n00bs" workshop

Greg L.
greglinch
Lima, PE
Post #: 3
Greetings!

We have a great bunch of news apps developers in the DC area who use Django and my guess is that there are others who would like to learn. Thus, I'd like to propose a very hands-on, practical meetup for beginners to get a start.

What do you think? Would you be interested in learning some Django? Teaching or going around the room to help?

Best,
Greg

P.S. Have other ideas for future Hacks/Hackers DC meet ups? Please start a separate discussion thread for the idea. One catch: by posting the idea, you're responsible for organizing it. You don't have to speak, but you'd find the speakers, venue, etc. We're trying to make this more of a community-based group, not just top-down where a few people program all the events.
A former member
Post #: 1
Do it! I don't think I've got the experience needed to help, but I'd love to learn.
Kevin K.
user 9402827
Washington, DC
+1 on this. Got any ideas for speakers or materials?
Michelle M.
michelleminkoff
Washington, DC
Yes! Love this idea! Would be happy to help people really at the beginning, but also would love to learn from the plentiful people far more experienced than me, who I know you'll tap into.
A former member
Sounds great! I'd be glad to help out--not quite up to speed on some of the more in-depth 1.3 and upcoming 1.4 changes, but I'd be up for doing what I can to help get people going on the basics.
Greg L.
greglinch
Lima, PE
Post #: 4
Great! Please spread the word to people who'd be interested in a) learning and b) teaching.
Danielle A.
dani4a
Washington, DC
I would be interested in learning!
Maura Y.
user 10610647
Washington, DC
Sounds delightful. Would certainly be interested in learning.

-Maura