add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Hacks/Hackers Portland Message Board › Upcoming Meetup Plans - Soliciting ideas!

Upcoming Meetup Plans - Soliciting ideas!

M. Edward (Ed) B.
Beaverton, OR
Post #: 22
I'm soliciting ideas for upcoming Meetups. As I mentioned last month, I attended the Computation + Journalism Symposium January 31 and February 1 and can certainly talk about that. But I'd rather have some other speakers besides myself.

Also, I am now a backer of the 'For Journalism' project on Kickstarter. I'm hoping to be releasing an edition of my tool set that covers the courses once I get some details on the software they'll be using. At this time I'm hoping it will be a bootable Fedora Remix, but the rest of the team may prefer a Ubuntu based solution, or even Windows installer scripts. So ... watch this space.