Hadoop-DC Message Board › Looking for Cloud/Biometrics developers to work for the Army!

Looking for Cloud/Biometrics developers to work for the Army!

A former member
Post #: 41
I've got a Cloud Software Developer role I have with a defense client of mine located in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. We are looking for someone to integrate new applications with the current systems using cloud based technologies.

They will pay for relocation!

I'm also looking for a Cloud based developer that has ventured into Forensic/Biometric Systems. The job description is nearly the same as below but would need to have experience in Biometric (BATS, BIARS, ABIS, AFIS) and Forensic (Harmony, Core Reef)

Job Description

Support the defense group in the integration of new applications into the current systems using progressive Cloud technologies.
Support application development of Hadoop HDFS, MapReduce, Java Servlet / JSP, and Cloudbase technologies.
Work efficiently in an Agile methodology driven, team-oriented environment.
Participate in system design for new or existing complex computer systems.
Develop integration concepts for the utilized system components.
Troubleshoot and resolve program defects and bugs.
Collaborate with data engineers and software developers to provide technical guidance.
Participate in the evaluation of future technologies and methodologies that will enhance performance and integrity of the system.

Required skill set:

3+ years experience with SOA development
3+ years experience with Linux and Unix 3+ years experience with Apache J-Boss web service work
3+ years experience with JAVA, JavaScript, C++, Perl, Ruby, etc…programming
Ability to develop proficiently in core Java, J2EE, and related technologies Knowledge of cloud technologies (Hadoop, HDFS, MapReduce, Cloudbase, Ozone Widget Framework)
Experience with developing applications with cloud based technologies a plus: Hadoop HDFS, GFS, DFS, MapReduce, Cloudbase, Ozone Widget Framework (OWF)
Experience with VMWare
Linux Training / Certifications Microsoft Windows Training / Certifications