Arlington, VA
Post #: 25
Cream of the crop Java Developers:

I know you're busy--

This is the perfect job for you if:
  • You are a passionate developer that loves coding
  • You are attracted to a well-funded, award-winning startup environment
  • You are interested in the latest Big Data tools and trends
  • You enjoy full-control over your project, and crave seeing your code implemented in a word-class product

Due to a massive flow of funding, we are seeking 3-4 skilled Java developers for openings with an exceptional 200-person firm in Northern Virginia. The company is in a true niche industry with numerous high-brand clients. Developers in the company report high levels of happiness, autonomy, and opportunities to learn and stay on top of cutting-edge technologies.

The work environment is casual and relaxed, yet high energy, in great office space. It is team-focused, however developers are given great ownership over their projects.

I'm not going to oversell you. In truth, this is an opportunity to get in on the ground-floor of a great company, and play a crucial role in determining the future of the product and firm. If you believe you would be right for this type of environment, I encourage you to apply.

Responsibilities
  • Design and develop web application components as part of an Agile/Scrum team
  • Offer new techniques, recommend new technologies, and then implement them
  • Code end-to-end solutions to the best of your ability

Requirements
  • 0-8 years of experience
  • Experience with Hibernate and Spring (or other dependency injection)
  • Experience with Agile or short release cycles
  • Detail-oriented, with the ability to communicate the benefits or detriments of certain technologies or courses of action
  • Attention to detail, strong work ethic--the type of person that gets it done, and doesn't walk away unsatisfied

Qualification "nice-to-haves"
  • Experience working on systems that handle high volumes of data (multiple TB)
  • Experience with Google Web Toolkit (GWT) or Swing
  • Experience with web application UI technology: HTML/CSS/JavaScript, AJAX, jQuery, extJS, GWT, YUI and Flex
  • Experience with MapReduce processing, such as Hadoop, AWS Elastic MR, etc. is a strong plus
  • Experience with large databases is a strong plus

How To Apply

If we agree to move forward, I will present your information in the best light to the right people ASAP.

The easiest way to apply is through email. I ask you send a resume in .doc or .pdf format, along with your preferred contact information.

If you have any questions or simply enjoy voice-to-voice, feel free to give me a call any time!

Thanks,

Tim Warson

twarson[at]tscservicesllc.com

(703) 288-0007 x 109