Hadoop-DC Message Board › Sr. Database Architect / Developer (Hadoop exp) FTE Alexandria 120K
|A former member||
Hi there, I would love to get the word out about a hiring need for a sr database architect. the details are below. if you are interested in this FTE position, please contact me. I would love to hear from you. Lisa Wood lisa at stafftopia dot com OR 208 209 5198
Sr. Database Architect / Developer
In this role you will design, develop, implement enterprise scale database applications that support our clients and internal analysts create rich data and analytics applications. When you think data - you think in terabytes. You will write elegant, maintainable, robust, scalable code every day. This is an IDEAL job for an engineer with 4-6 years of experience who wants to be part of a small team, feels total ownership over their work, and codes like a mad scientist.
We are a dynamic online advertising network start-up. The position will play a crucial role in the our
‘Attitudinal Targeting’ platform. This platform is the proprietary model by which performs it's online ad targeting for public affairs, political, and corporate customers. So if you enjoy the challenge of a fast-paced start-up
environment and like to break innovative new ground, we want to talk to you!
• Logical and Physical data modeling and database development
• Database architecture and implementation
• Systems integration
• Analyze requirements of projects and collaborate with other software engineers during the design phase.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements
• 4 to 6 years of IT experience with 4+ years in software development, and broad exposure to data information modeling and concepts.
• Excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills.
• Experience in advertising network, digital media agency, or other advertising related experience a plus.
• True start-up mentality and experience with short (Agile, Scrum, Iterative) software lifecycles.
• Experience with multiple RDBMS products: MS SQL Server, MySql, Oracle, or Postgres. MS SQL Server and
• Prior experience leading successful Data Warehousing/ODS implementations as well as broad background and experience with IT application development.
• Experience with designing, developing and implementing custom back-office ETL systems for complex and large size data applications.
• Expert ability to develop data models and technical specifications using standard modeling techniques.
• Architecting experience with multi-tier, highly available, scalable, performance-oriented geographically distributed environments.
• Experienced SQL developer.
• Experience in standard performance testing procedures.
• Ability to work effectively as a team member, across project teams, and independently.
• Previous experience working with in a Java/J2EE environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Statistics or Mathematical field. Strong mathematical and statistical background is a must.
• Master’s Degree preferred
This is an immediate hiring need. Please contact Lisa Wood: lisa at stafftopia.com OR 208 209 5198