This is a really fun board game that I just played recently.
2-6 players fighting for food in a park, Every player has a nest. There are three types of ants:
- A queen (only one of course), if she dies the player is out of the game.
- Peas-ants: The backbone of the army. They carry food and might defend but not attack.
- Serge-ants: The fighters. They are strong. The only attacking unit.
The game proceeds in turns. Each player does 4 steps:
1. New event: Food or worse things are falling down. If an ant happens to be at the place: RIP. The current player can influence the target area to some extend.
2. Collect food: Each peas-ant adjacent to food collects one food, but only if there is a line of ants back to the queen.
3. Move ants: Ants are slow. Peas-ants only move one, Serge-ants two spaces. But moving across own peas-ants is free! So if you have a line of ants, other ants move across this whole line for free. This allows regrouping your army in every turn as long as they keep in contact with each other.
4. Make new ants: The queen eats collected food and produces new ants.
If while moving, a serge-ant occupies a space with an enemy ant they fight.
Fighting is done with dice. Serge-ants have stronger dice than peas-ants. Defenders might call adjacent own ants to help.
Last queen standing wins the game.
This game is great! It is so easy and fun to play and to watch. The game is fast and fierce. The production quality is great, the theme fits well. Playing time is around one hour.
Note about location: UPS has one of there main locations across the street from us. People can use that as a land mark.
I'll have the front gate for the parking lot and front door open. Microwave is available if anyone wants to eat anything.