You need a license to paddle on the Basingstoke canal. If you don't have a Basingstoke canal license or Canoe England membership you need to call the Basingstoke canal centre before the day and a 1 day license will cost you £3 - details in attached http://www3.hants.gov.uk/bcaboatersinfopack.pdf
Plan is to meet at Colt Hill Wharf and park the cars at 6.30pm to be ready to set off at 6.45pm for this paddle on the canal. 9km there and back - the opposite direction to last time up to Winchfield.
Would be nice to have a beer and some food at the Waterwitch in Odiham afterwards.
Pub details Waterwitch, Colt Hill, Odiham, Hook RG29 1AL
See below for the groups responsibilities and guidelines and I look forward to seeing some of you there. Cheers, Maria.
1. Hampshire Casual Kayakers, as many groups organized through meetup.com, is a networking group. Our organizers and hosts are not designated with the responsibility to teach kayaking or other boating skills.
2. Our organizers and hosts are people who like to kayak, not necessarily expert paddlers.
3. The host of each of our Hampahire Casual Kayakers events has some responsibility to post a description of our proposed trips, with suggestions about when and where we will go, and how we will get there.
4. No one is leading any of our floats, or providing any formal instruction.
5. Paddlers who join us will be responsible for themselves, and parents are responsible for their minors.
6. You have a responsibility to ask questions and to share any concerns you might have about your abilities with the group before you launch and to make sure you are in a group where at least one other person has enough experience and is willing to take you under their wing or assist you when needed.
7. As a community of peers, everyone should watch out for each other.
8. Decisions about activities on trips are often made collectively, on the spot, by those who show up. Occasionally, but rarely, people that show up split into smaller groups each going their own direction based on similar interests. Members of each group are then responsible to watch out for each other.
Disclaimer & Assumption of Risk/Liability:
Kayaking, like all sports has inherent risks and dangers. All paddlers (on behalf of him/her self and his/her minor children) are responsible for their own safety during Hampshire Casual Kayakers events, voluntarily accepts any and all risks of injury, harm, medical conditions, or property damage, assumes all liabilities, and waives any and all damages against Hampshire Casual Kayakers (including its organizers, hosts, and members).