Happy Hour on the Peninsula is for people ages 30-59 who want to go to cool places around the San Francisco Peninsula. We go to hot spots from Los Gatos to Burlingame, like Devil's Canyon Brewing Company, Rosewood, 38th Floor, Viognier, The Swingin' Door, and Club Fox. We have lots of theme parties--Superbowl, March Madness, Dueling Pianos, Halloween, holidays, the Oscars, and the presidential debates. We also check out music in the park and street festivals.
This group is about helping out in the community, having fun, exploring the Bay Area, and meeting new friends while in a safe environment. By joining this group or remaining a member of this group, you agree to refrain from the list of inappropriate behaviors listed below while attending the events or visiting this Meetup site. If you exhibit any of the following, you will be removed from the group:
• Sending spam emails to members or posting comments on an event page to promote a business, event, etc. without permission of the main organizer.
• Not having a picture where you are recognizable. If you aren't recognizable in your ETB profile picture, then you are subject to removal and will have to request to rejoin the group with a valid photo.
• Sending emails to members you haven't met for the purposes of dating or picking up. This isn't a dating website.
• Being touchy or physical with another member (overly aggressive).
• Causing another member to feel uncomfortable based upon behavior OR comments (creepiness).
• Showing inappropriate pictures or content to other members at an event.
• Excessive gossiping about fellow members and/or creating too much drama
• Behaving in a manner that suggests a sense of entitlement such as requesting organizers to volunteer too much of their valuable time.
• Excessive no shows in relation to the number of events attended. Also, missing a high demand event (i.e. complimentary wine tasting) when there are a lot of fellows members on the waiting list is grounds for removal. Note that jumping out of an event within three (3) hours of the start time will be marked as a no show.
• Stalking other members.
• Crashing an event without securing a spot.
Expected Member Conduct
Members are expected to read the event description before attending an event. This helps eliminate the need to ask questions that have already been explicitly stated in the event description.
Please use a personal photo where you are recognizable for your profile as we like to know whom we are communicating with and we take attendance at our events. Otherwise you will not be admitted to the group.
Note that we sometimes remove inactive members from the group. We encourage active membership.
Disclaimer for Event Activities and Site Use
You are responsible for your own interactions with other members of the explore the bay meetup group. You understand that we do not do background checks on any of our existing members or on new members joining the group. This site makes no representations or warranties as to the conduct of its members. The organizers' of this group are not liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with attending an event with the explore the bay meetup group or use of this site. This includes, without limitation, bodily injury and emotional distress. You agree to take reasonable precautions in all interactions with other members of the group, including if you decide to meet outside of an event. In addition, you agree to review the "about us" page, which is our group's terms and conditions and abide by them.
PLEASE NOTE: To ensure our friendly vibe, you must have a clear, identifiable, close-up face photo (no hats, sunglasses, partial views, or long-distance photos, etc.).