Free Book Giveaway!
Creating HDR Photos: The Complete Guide to High Dynamic Range Photography by Harold Davis
A brand new book about HDR photography by Harold Davis! This give-away celebrates the book's official publication. We're so excited!
Please Note: This is not a webinar or online event. It is simply a book give-away! There are no links to click. You DO NOT have to be online on July 31 for a chance to win the book.
Please DO follow the directions below below.
About Creating HDR Photos
Since the days of the first photographs, artists have used various techniques to extend the range of lights and darks in their photos. Photographic masters such as Ansel Adams and Edward Weston spent countless hours burning and dodging their prints to create images with extended dynamic range.
With the advent of digital photography, new horizons in extending dynamic range are possible. HDR techniques now make it easy to extend the dynamic range of an image well beyond the capability of the human eye.
In Creating HDR Photos, bestselling author Harold Davis covers the complete HDR workflow, from choosing the subjects that work best for HDR through processing RAW files to unlock the dynamic power of HDR. You’ll learn how to photograph multiple exposures and blend them into a single HDR image using various software programs. Best of all, you will find out how to control the style of your HDR images, from subtle to hyper-real, using a range of photographic and post-processing techniques.
Packed with stunning image examples, Creating HDR Photos brings this essential digital technique within every photographer’s grasp.
July book give-away!
Our July book giveaway is the new Creating HDR Photos by Harold Davis.
This book has a $29.99 retail value.
Here's how to enter the give-away:
There are three things you need to do to be eligible for a chance to win the book:
1) RSVP "Yes" to this meetup
2) Post an HDR image to the HDR Photos from Meetup Members photo album for this group. You can access the photo album by clicking this link or by clicking the Photos tab at the top of this Meetup webpage. Your HDR image could be an image that you processed from multiple captures or an HDR photo you shot with your iPhone. Sky's the limit! Please leave a comment with your photo telling us how you made it!
3) Send your email address (using email) to [masked] so we can put your email address in our hat for the drawing.
- Please caption your image as Harold does, with the image name, copyright symbol, followed by your name. For example: Wheels within Wheels © Harold Davis. On Windoze you get the copyright symbol by holding down Alt + Numlock and entering 0169 on the numeric keypad. On the Mac, the copyright symbol is Alt + G on the keyboard. It's good form to put a copyright notice on any image of yours that is published, inclusion in a photo album on Meetup is a form of publication, and we want to be sure to teach proper professional practice as part of our mission in this group. The caption field appears above the image after it has been uploaded.
- Please add a comment explaining a little about the background of your image, and what you'd most like to get out of the critique.
- Thanks! Enjoy the process.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE GIVE-AWAY UNLESS YOU SEND YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND POST AN IMAGE!!!
On July 31, we will put all the email addresses in a orange pumpkin hat and let one of our kids pick out an address...the lucky person gets a free book signed by Harold!
If you are the lucky winner, we will email you and tell you! To receive a book you must have a United States mailing address.