add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Photography with Harold Davis Message Board › 2014 Dark of the Moon Bristlecone Pine workshop

2014 Dark of the Moon Bristlecone Pine workshop

Harold D.
Group Organizer
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 15
2014 Dark of the Moon Bristlecone Pine workshop

I have frequently been asked about our plans for this popular and exciting workshop in 2014. The purpose of this email is to explain where things stand, and is also a request for volunteers to help in the future.

1. We are canceling the workshop for 2014 and postponing the next session until 2015. This is not a decision undertaken lightly. There are a number of factors involved, only one of which is my health (my doctor has forbidden me to lead this workshop in 2014 due to the high altitude, dryness and dust).

2. The (very tentative) dates for the 2015 Dark of the Moon Bristlecone Pine workshop are Friday, August 14, 2015 through Sunday, August 16, 2015.

3. Call for volunteers. We are looking for a group of volunteers who have attended the workshop before to help setup safety ground rules and protocols for the 2015 workshop. This is a task that is a big job for a number of reasons including altitude and remoteness of the facility. It is well beyond the purview of a single unpaid PRNSA facilitator. The volunteers will form a committee to work with the instructors (Harold, Steven and Eric), the previous facilitator (Mike), PRNSA and WMRS to form written recommendations as to how this workshop can proceed into the future without endangering participants, and also how the community chores required by the facility can be accomplished with grace.

If you are interested in volunteering, please comment in this discussion or email me. Please note the year you attended the workshop if you would like to be considered. Volunteers will of course get first consideration for admission to the 2015 workshop.

Thanks for your understanding,

Craig M.
user 35866642
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 4
Hi Harold. I'd love to help out. Craig Mole. 415-309-6653 I attended the 2012 session.
Tyler H.
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 13
I'd like to offer my assistance as well. My attendance was during 2011 and 2012. My contact information is in a separate email to you directly.