Harrisburg WordPress User Group Message Board › Ideas / Brainstorming

Ideas / Brainstorming

Ryan D.
RyanDuff
Group Organizer
Etters, PA
Post #: 2
Trying to get back into things and get meetings scheduled regularly. I'm open to time/date suggestions so that people can attend.

What types of topics would you like to see?

Format-- discussion? instruction? mixed?

Is there anybody that would like to step up as co-organizer to keep things on track when I may not be around? Don't worry about meetup.com fees, I've got that covered.
Hbg Norm W
user 12731000
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 2
This might be a little too newbie but I know I'd like to go over the differences between the free WP hosted and the self hosted versions.

Also, migrating from a free account to a self hosted

Options as far as who to use, goods/bads, etc.

Maybe something along the lines of modding or creating our own themes from a programmers perspective as well as a non-programmers perspective (basically taking one and changing things around).

Just a few thoughts.
Megan F.
megan-fister
Harrisburg, PA
Post #: 172
I like mixed format (not necessarily all in one meeting but some meetings instruction, some meetings informal). I'd like to learn more about using WP as a CMS option (as opposed to just "blog"), quality plugins, how to design (front end) for WP. best practices, etc.
Donald R.
user 36451432
Waynesboro, PA
Post #: 1
I am looking for a group that can be a resouce on using WP. Not sure about how the product works and I am trying to decide what product to use for a web upgrade, ours has been the same for years and it is very outdated.

I would like to get to know the members of the group and hopefully help it become active.

Meeting location along the I-81 path would be Ok with me, I am at the south end of Franklin County.

Thanks