Harrisburg WordPress User Group Message Board › URL confusion

URL confusion

Richard D.
user 80664182
Harrisburg, PA
Post #: 1
Hi,

I have a problem that I mentioned at the last meeting, but is more difficult that I thought it would be.

I am helping Rebekah (who also attended) with her site. It was installed under the domain name generousmatters.com. Generous Matters is the name of her blog, and initially the site was only her blog, which was migrated from wordpress.com.

We have developed and are developing pages which we want to go with her business name of Basinger Consulting, which we want associated with the domain name basingerconsulting.com. At the moment, both domains point to the blog summary page.

We want basingerconsulting.com to have a landing page of basingerconsulting.com/basinger-home/. It would be nice, but not required if basingerconsulting.com/basinger-home/ would show up as just basingerconsulting.com, but the most important requirement is that the URL's www.basingerconsulting.com and basingerconsulting.com land on the "basinger-home" page.

Essentially, Rebekah wants ALL pages to be associated with basingerconsulting.com and ALL blog content (archives, categories, single posts, etc.) to be associated with generousmatters.com.

Of course, there will be cross-links between basingerconsulting content and generousmatters content.

I know how to create re-direct web pages at the web site level, so I could, for example, redirect basingerconsulting.com to the basinger-home page. I don't know if that will come close enough to the goals (doubt it). I am not good with .htaccess rewrite rules, if that's the best solution -- I would have to learn how to do that. It would be nice if there is a solution internal to wordpress, possibly with some site level stuff.

What ideas to you have for implementing this?