addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Hike at Bear Hill in Middletown CT

  • Mar 31, 2013 · 2:00 PM
  • This location is shown only to members

An Easter Sunday hike. A looping hike of lower to moderate difficulty. We will hike about 6 miles over a roughly 4 hour period on portions of the Mettabesett trail and the Bear Hill Loop Trail. There will be some cliffs we will walk along, streams and other bodies of water to see, some short steep ups and downs. Overall an interesting trail.

Those who wish to go should have:

* A daypack - To carry trail food, water, and any extra items.
* Hiking boots (will be muddy in places)
* 1-2 quart water

The meetup will be at 2 PM on/off the shoulder of Aircraft Rd. Parking may be limited so carpooling is encouraged. We would finish up at about 6 PM (sunset at 7:15 PM).

General directions:
* From Rte. 9, take Aircraft Rd. from exit 10
* Go straight at traffic light onto Aircraft Rd.
* Go 0.8 mile and look for oval Mettabesett Trail sign on left (North) side.
* Park on shoulder (try to pull at least half up onto grass to be out of the road)

Aproximate location/directions to trailhead shoulder parking (roughly 400 Aircraft Rd., Middletown, CT):
http://mapq.st/10YOllK
[Lat. [masked], Lon. -72.577442]

Map is in "Connecticut Walk Book: East" 19th ed., by Connecticut Forest and Park Association as map MB-2 on page 20 or in "Connecticut Walk Book: West" 19th ed. as map MB-2 on page 104.

=== Legal Stuff ===

By clicking on "Yes" for this event you agree, warrant, and covenant as follows:

In consideration for accepting this entry, I, the registrant, intending to be legally bound, hereby, for myself, my heirs, my executors and administrators, do waive and release any and all rights for damages I may have against any parties or persons connected with the Hartford Area Hiking meetup group for and related to the above listed event. I attest and verify that I am physically fit to participate in any portion of this above listed event. I grant Hartford Area Hiking permission to use any photographs, film or videotapes of this event for any purpose.

Join or login to comment.

  • Jennie

    Had a great hike. Look forward to more hiking in spring!

    March 31, 2013

  • A former member
    A former member

    Great hike, nice area... It would be great to revisit once the leaves are back on the trees.
    Thank you Kevin for organizing and thanks to all in the group for great conversation - the end to a perfect weekend!

    March 31, 2013

  • Gail K.

    Hello everybody, I'm so very sorry I missed the hike.
    I woke-up this morning feeling sick to my stomach.
    Hope everybody had a great time.

    March 31, 2013

  • Alex

    Sorry, but I thought that I had cancelledl myself from this event.

    March 31, 2013

  • Tom

    Kevin; Sorry, My family's plans changed. Hope to join you on another hike soon. (pls don't kick me off the list)

    March 30, 2013

  • Neva

    My brothers and i will attend, and thats after working 3d the night before! Happy Easter, Happy Spring, Happy Happy Now i know why bunnies play a role here...

    March 30, 2013

  • Jennie

    Look forward to it!

    March 29, 2013

  • A former member
    A former member

    Living in Middletown, I hope you offer this hike again, as hosting family for Easter.

    March 29, 2013

  • Kevin S

    Weather forecast (as of 3/29/13 AM): Mostly cloudy, high of 54 F, low 20% chance of rain (i.e. 80% chance none). Somewhat breezy up to 13 mph gusts.

    March 29, 2013

20 went

Our Sponsors

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy