Please register for this event by clicking this link.
In this beginner's level workshop we will cover the basics of game design, programming and publication. We will build a casual game and publish it to the Windows Store. This workshop is great for students, hobbyists and professional developers who want to learn the basics of game development and publish their first app to the store as no programming skills are required!
This workshop is hands-on, so to get the most out of the event we strongly encourage you to bring your laptop configured with the following:
1. Mac users only: Boot Camp, Parallels Desktop, VirtualBox or VMWare Fusion
2. Windows 8 (a 90-day evaluation version available here)
3. Visual Studio 2012 Professional (free for DreamSpark or MSDN subscribers) or Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows 8 (free for anyone)
4. Scirra Construct 2 (free version)
To publish to the Windows Store you will also need a Windows Store developer account:
1. If you are a student, use the DreamSpark benefits for a free account
2. If you are an MSDN Subscriber, use the one-time free account benefit associated with MSDN
3. Otherwise, the account is $49 per annum, but via the free App Builder Rewards program, you can accrue points to cover the fee as well have access to technical and marketing resources as you launch your application in the marketplace.