PLEASE NOTE: CURRENTLY ONLY ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS AGED 30-40.
This is a group for ladies living in and around Havering, Essex - wanting to meet new friends without children. Are you feeling left out as all your friends start families and constantly talk pregnancy, teething and schools, yet have no desire to join in? If your supermarket essentials are wine and chocolate instead of baby milk and nappies, and you're happy living the Childfree life come join us!
Our regular events are dinners out, afternoon teas, spa days and theatre trips. Special events have included a daytrip to Belgium, a Havering culture day and days out at the seaside, plus we have plans in the pipeline for mini-breaks. All meetups are announced well in advanced and often at a good price as we do love a voucher! If you like having things planned in your diary to look forward to in coming months, you will enjoy meeting this well-organised group of ladies who are extremely friendly and welcoming. We have around 25 regular, active members, ideal if you want to forge real friendships and see familiar faces at each event. I'm always happy to meet new members for a coffee first if they are nervous about their first meetup with lots of new people, just ask!
Please first read the group rules and make sure you agree with them before requesting to join, they are not intended to scare off prospective members but are just guidelines to ensure smooth running of the group x
1. CHARGE - Each meetup is £1.50 which covers the running of the website on Meetup and other event costs, and is to deter people from signing up to lots of events with no intention of turning up. Refunds are only given if the meetup is cancelled or time/date changed meaning you can no longer make it. If I add you on manually, please remember to still pay the booking fee.
2. JOINING - You must upload a clear photo of yourself so that we can all see what you look like, and look out for you at meetups - both for us to find you when you first come along, and for newbies to see who they are meeting and need to look out for. Please also include your surname in your profile and age.
3. MEMBERSHIP - Just to keep the number of members reflective of those actually active, those who do not attend an event or joint any waitlists within 3 months of joining will be removed from the group, as will members who go more than 3 months without visiting the site. You need to attend an event at least once every 6 months to remain in the group unless there are exceptional circumstances which you inform me of. However, you are most welcome to re-join at any time should your circumstances change and you have more time/inclination to attend future events. This meetup is capped to 50 members, if there is no space to join, you will remain in 'pending' until a spot becomes available.
4. CHILDREN - Please note that this is specifically a Childfree (not childless) group - i.e members do not have children (most do not want to). It's not a support group for those who would like, but are unable, to have children. All new members must not be parents, even if they have grown-up children.
5. NUMBERS - These are capped at each event, generally 8 for dinners and spa days, with more for drinks and day trips. This is not up for discussion. If you'd like to go and there is no space, join the waitlist and you may be in luck if a spot comes up later, which it often does.
6. CANCELLATIONS - Sometimes plans change and you may need to cancel which is not a problem, but please do update your RSVP to a 'no' as soon as you know you cannot attend, so that someone on the waitlist can take your spot. An email will go out before each event with my phone number - please text instead if you need to cancel at the last minute as I have no phone access to meetup.
7. NO SHOWS - No shows are when you do not turn up for an event but do not let the organiser know. These are unacceptable, and 3 no-shows will result in you being removed from the group. Arriving over 1 hour late for an event (without exceptional reason) also counts as a no show, as does pulling out of an event less than 1 hour before the start time. Excessive and repeated lateness is disrespectful and unacceptable. Please treat the group members with the same courtesy you would your other groups of friends.
8. BILLS - Generally restaurant bills are not split equally unless everyone agrees and has eaten a similar amount, since often it differs wildly from person to person. However you will be expected to round your part of the bill up at least to the nearest pound and pay approx. 10% tip. If a pre-pay voucher was bought or a deposit was paid and you RSVPd but didn't attend, you will lose it unless your place can be taken by someone else or unless it says otherwise on that meetup's information board.
10. NO FLOUNCING - Trying to alter the group to how you'd like it run is not acceptable. This includes repeatedly asking to be let on meetups that are full and requesting events to be on certain days/times to suit yourself. I offer a range of different types of events at different times of day and different days of the week frequently - there should be something for everyone at least every once in a while. Being bossy or rude, upsetting members and starting arguments will result in you being removed from the group, as we are all here to make new friends.
Above all, play nice, have fun and enjoy yourself. x
NOTE: These rules remain copyright of the group organiser Lisa Wade and are specific to the group Havering Childfree. They are not to be copied, manipulated or otherwise used elsewhere on meetup or on any other site.