The Healdsburg Tarot Meetup Group Message Board › Journeying the Sixties: A Counterculture Tarot by William Cook Haigwood

Journeying the Sixties: A Counterculture Tarot by William Cook Haigwood

Christeen F.
ChristeenTarot
Group Organizer
Healdsburg, CA
Post #: 13
I just came across this book on amazon; I don't have it yet. It looks amazing! The author has taken his experiences as a journalist, photographer and student of life during the 1960s and turned it into a whole new understanding of the Tarot. His photographs became the cards. These interpretations and images take the Tarot from the abstract and magical realm into real lives lived. If you are intrigued by the 60s or were formed by the 60s, take a look at the Journeying the Sixties website , with links to buying the book and the cards.
Christeen F.
ChristeenTarot
Group Organizer
Healdsburg, CA
Post #: 14
Update: I have the book now and am even more amazed! William Cook Haigwood has taken a deep look at what the 60s were about and integrated that with the ageless wisdom of the Tarot. You will not find the usual images or interpretations - no Rider-Waite type falling towers (instead, the Tower card image is a big truck with shattered windshield fallen onto its side), no slick interpretations (of the "an older man with dark hair" type). This is real, this is bold. You can see all of the cards on the Journeying the Sixties website. (Be prepared to spend a long while looking.)