Anchoring our spirit and consciousness deep into the physical body is a vital part of healing. The physical body is more than just a shell; it is our temple, our school room and play ground. It is the precious vehicle through which we can experience life, in all of it’s beautiful facets.
- Justin Bonnet
Grounding is literally the foundation of heart centred energy work; it provides the ‘juice’ for healing (most of our energy comes to us from the earth), and creates the safety and stability in which healing can take place. Grounding, of course, is a function of our root chakra, in partnership with our legs and feet and pelvis. Everything below the waist, basically.
About Kinisthetic sensing:
Just as clairvoyance happens through the 3rd eye, and clairaudience through the throat chakra, kinisthetic sensing (feeling energy with your hands and in your body) happens through the root chakra. Kinisthetic sensing is the kind of sensing that lets you feeeeel the aura, chakras and energy. It puts you in touch with the quality and characteristics of the energy and energy fields. Kinisthetic sensing is the most honest kind of sensing; there’s no debate about whether you’re making up information or not. For someone who still occasionally has self-doubt, that’s very useful and helpful.
Thus, attending to grounding and opening of the root is a really cool and important thing for healers to do :-).
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Through a mixture of lecture, excersices, meditations and experientials we’ll explore ways of deeply grounding and opening our bodies to earth energy, charging and opening our root chakras, and developing our kinisthetic sensing abilities.
To balance out the left-brain learning there will be plenty of experiential practice and physical movement (and dancing). The day’s emphasis will be very much on coming deeper into the physical body, and connecting to the earth, as a safe way of exploring your identity as a healer.
Massage tables are provided :-)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Overview of the day
In this full day you will…
- Discover effective grounding techniques (mostly a combination of chi gong and bio-energetics)
- Practice sensing energy with your hands, deepening your kinisthetic and energetic sensitivity
- Use crystals and pendulums as ways of further attuning to the human energy field
- Explore ancestral issues and past life traumas as the source of limiting beliefs in relation to grounding
- Practice giving and receiving a simple (but deep) full body healing
- Dance to Bjork and breathe to to Krishna Das
There will also be…
- A shamanic drum journey and sound bath for grounding and clearing the root chakra
- Herbal and fruit teas
This workshop is suitable for:
- Reiki healers, intuitive healers, and energy healers from many backgrounds who want to learn more about the energetic mechanics of grounding, and to strengthen their own inner foundation for doing healing work
- Or interested people who have some knowledge about auras, chakras, healing etc
The workshops is at Justin’s home in Perivale, West London, very near Perivale tube station. Address given on booking.
10am – 6.30pm, with a lunch break and tea breaks. Please arrive from 9.30 so we can start at 10.
Maximum of 6 participants. It's gonna be intimate :-D
The workshop is by donation; a £10 registration secures your place. The suggested total donation for the workshop is £60.
Please reserve your attendance here: