An introduction to working with LGBT (gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender) healing, from the perspective of an energy healer / shaman.
- Chakra cords work: bringing consciousness and healing to the energetic relational cords, especially to Mother and Father, the primordial and progenitor relationships, to heal relationship wounding patterns
- Psycho-energetic development: looking at the chakras (especially the sacral and heart) in relation to sexual maturation. What needs were not met? What impediments to growth where there? How can energy work address the developmental/energetic distortions and blocks?
- Blocks of frozen energy consciousness; 'psychic armouring' (typically around the chest and pelvis). What emotions and experiences were too much to bear? What got blocked, ignored, swept aside? How can energy work, core exercises, mindfulness and breathing help thaw and integrate the lost consciousness?
- 'Queer Ancestors': how can you avail yourself of the wisdom and support of your second family?
- Bedroom roles: how does active/passive top/bottom relate to psychological traits? How does exploring sexual roles lead to transformation and liberation?
* * *
From an ancestral/astral/family constellations point of view, LGBT people have a second family, the ‘gay community’. For some, that’s a source of nourishment; for others, a source of embarrassment that they estrange themselves from (just like a real family!). Honouring the campaigners and brave souls who have paved the way for LGBT liberation helps clear the ancestral and astral issues around homophobia, the holocaust and all other instances of injustice or intolerance to which every LGBT person is holographically connected.
* * *
Some areas to be covered:
- Sex roles (active + passive) in relation to the psychospiritual; the wish to control vs the wish to be controlled or filled up with another person’s energy
- Working with surrender (for ‘actives’) and assertion (for ‘passives’) to break out of any sexual rigidity, and return to a state of natural free-flowing pleasure which is both give and take
- The spiritual heritage in some native tribes that honours LGBT people as natural shamans (occasionally this is mentioned, but very rarely meditated on as a source of strength)
- The importance of being with the self and the body in working with sexuality, especially with sexual shame
- The impact of how a distant or absent father often leads to relationship difficulties for gay/bi men (in relation to what we know about abandonment, and relational cord issues, etc)
- How is homosexuality the same as heterosexuality? How is it different? In my opinion it’s mostly the same; LGBT issues are human issues. But there are some common factors for many LGBT people that can be usefully worked on.
* * *
We will look at the modalities of astral healing, ancestral healing and relational cord healing from the energy healing pool, and family constellations and core energetics from the therapy pool, as means of working with LGBT people and LGBT 'issues'.
Anyone who wants to come is welcome! A familiarity with the aura and chakra system is recommended.
* * *
A private residence in South Kensington, near the tube station. RSVP to [masked] to get the address (also, address will be emailed to attendees on Meetup the day before)
£30. Concessions of £25, £20, £15, £10 available.