I invite you to attend the Heartland Mobile Council's next Open Strategy Session. With a HUGE year planned, we are now ready to make 2014 the Year of Mobile for Chicago!
2013 was big for mobile and for the HMC. Some highlights include:
• We partnered with 16 brands to help educate our audience including: PepsiCo, Redbox, BCBS, Domino's, Kimberly-Clark, InterContinental Hotels Group, Morningstar, Allstate, Whirlpool, MasterCard, Mead Johnson Nutritionals, United Airlines, Walgreens, Best Buy, Select Comfort, BabyCenter
• We've covered a rich array of mobile topics including Millennials, Hispanics, Path to Purchase, Moms, Location Behaviors, Mobile Wallet, Legal, Building Mobile Teams and more.
• We created new concepts: Brands+Startups™, a marketing accelerator; a Mobile2Reality Pitch competition with PepsiCo; Mobile+Humanity Art Show
In 2014 we have even bigger goals to make Chicago and the Heartland the place to learn how to use mobile technology to engage the mass market. Some of them are:
• Mobile University™ Week. A city-wide week of mobile education in September anchored by our Summit.
• Brands+Startups™ Accelerator. Brands/Professors teach mobile startups marketing through stylized pitch competition. Partners include Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Microsoft and University of Michigan.
• Heartland Mobile Certification. Partnered with Northwestern University, Boy Scouts of America & brand marketers to teach the future generation of mobile innovators.
As always, we need your passion and participation to make it happen. You will learn a lot, make connections and be part of something more fulfilling than just a trade organization. After all, we are the biggest, baddest group of mobile influencers in Middle America and we are on a mission to change the industry. Come join us - we promise you'll leave on a mobile high!
- Hugh Park Jedwill, President & Executive Director, HMC
6:15pm HMC Mission/Vision Quiz
6:20pm New People, Big Wins, Next 30
6:30pm HMC 2014 Plans & Business Team Updates
7:00pm Join/Meet Teams with Breakouts (Mobile University, Brands+Startups, Higher Education, Marketing, HMC Action, HMC ExpHall)
8:00pm Meeting Close; Networking at nearby bary