Southern Appalachian Volunteer Search and Rescue aka SAV/SAR Message Board › A quick one week update!!!

A quick one week update!!!

Chris
user 6355514
Group Organizer
Asheville, NC
Hello everyone!!!

Pretty hard to believe that it has only been a week since we started and we already have 47 members as of 9:30 this morning!

Thank you all for your kind words and even more your participation in this group! I have been incredibly overwhelmed with school, work, etc. so I apologize if I have not replied to your emails yet. Please be patient with me while I attempt to catch up.

The primary reason I wanted to email everyone was because of the meeting I have tonight. The Buncombe county Rescue Squad met with me on Friday. I was invited to the board of directors meeting tonight to discuss what they can offer us. This is a double edged sword... On one hand, we can get training and resources and on the other, we would have the opportunity to help other areas and don't have to deal with the politics or bureaucracy. The honest fact of the matter is that I would like to turn this into a non profit organization and have members of this group on it's own board. By doing this, we are not limited to one area and can do more overall good for the community.

Please give me your feedback. I would love some more input before I go before the board!

Also, I will setup a meeting here in the next week or 2 to get some questions answered and get some more input!

This group belongs to the community, I only organize it.

Thanks and I'll see you on the trail!

Chris

PS if you haven't done so already, please fill out your questionnaire on your profile and post your number on your greeting for me. Thanks!