Southern Appalachian Volunteer Search and Rescue aka SAV/SAR Message Board › New Meetup: Let's get moving!

New Meetup: Let's get moving!

Chris
user 6355514
Group Organizer
Asheville, NC
Announcing a new Meetup for Southern Appalachian Volunteer Search and Rescue aka SAV/SAR!

What: Let's get moving!

When: Saturday, October 16, 2010 7:00 PM

Where: (A location has not been chosen yet.)

***Please take a minute to read this, thank you!***

Hey everyone,
Sorry the group has been dormant for so long. We will have a general meeting on October 16th to discuss how we can proactively and effectively get organized and get the ball rolling. I have been waiting until I have enough money to incorporate us into a 501c3 and the wait will be over within about a week. I have been working behind the scenes to raise money, raise awareness and get us incorporated. If you are interested in helping with the structuring and organizing of the group, please do not hesitate to contact me, I could really use some help.

I am in need of volunteers who are willing to do the following (to name a few):

• Make contact with local rescue departments.
  • Grant writing
  • Fundraising

I will be scouting out a location for the meeting and will update the location as soon as possible.

Topics I would like to discuss at the meeting:

• Structure
  • Contact Lists
  • Board members
  • General ideas, guidelines, and policies

Mission Statement:
To altruistically and effectively expedite existing search and rescue operations by implementing and developing new innovative “best practices.”

Purpose:
When a search and rescue operation is underway, a trained professional is better utilized in the field as opposed to directing traffic or handing out flyers. SAV/SAR appoints some untrained or unqualified volunteers to these tasks which allow for qualified personnel to expedite the efforts of the search while offering trained volunteers for specialized operations.

If you have any special skills or experience in non-profit work or want to find out how you can help, please email me.

Thank you for your time and patience while we get organized!

Chris Neumann
(828)242-6883
emailsupportstaff@gmail.com

RSVP to this Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com...­