addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Herndon Musical Get -Together Message Board › Any vocalists out there?

Any vocalists out there?

Marty
user 36881392
Leesburg, VA
Post #: 3
Hi - Ive been playing bass with some guys most every Tuesday night from 8-11 pm in Sterling. Not performing, just getting together. We're looking for a singer. Male or female. Music includes some Raconteurs, Rage Against the Machine, Tom Petty, Jet, Radiohead, Stone Temple Pilots, Lenny Kravitz, Green Day. Anyone interested? Reply by clicking on my email icon if you don't want to go public. - Marty
Thanks for letting me post here, Masoud!
A former member
Post #: 1
I like to sing just for fun. I have a musical background but haven't actually sung in any serious manner since high school. Guy material is actually decent for me because I'm an alto. I would be potentially interested in getting together some Tuesdays but I can't make a regular commitment.

I'm also younger (28 yrs old) so I'm not sure if that would make a difference in knowing the material beforehand but I don't mind doing a little research.
Marty
user 36881392
Leesburg, VA
Post #: 4
Hey Kristen - I'll send you the songlist this weekend and share my contact info. The other guys, Rick, Mike, and Chad, are younger than me, too. We are renting time at a studio that has amps, drums PA, piano, and electric keyboard so all we have to do is show up with guitars in hand and plug in (if you want to do more than sing). If you want to check it out you may find it fun - worst case you wasted part of an evening. - Marty
A former member
Post #: 2
Sounds good! I don't know how to play guitar, lol, so a voice is all I've got. :) Unless you count some other random instruments in my repertoire but I'm thinking things like a xylophone or french horn don't really come in handy. I like singing, anyway.
A former member
Post #: 416
Hi, Marty, I'm interested also. I would like to check out one of your gatherings. I also can't always commit on Tuesday's.
A former member
Post #: 417
I forgot to mention, I'm a Alto Soprano. Sang in a youth choir and through out school until I graduated. I love to sing.