Good Deeds Day is an annual celebration of doing good—where all around the world hundreds of thousands volunteer to help others, putting into practice the simple idea that every single person can do something good, be it large or small, to improve the lives of others and change the world. Good Deeds Day was initiated in 2007 by businesswoman and philanthropist, Shari Arison, and is organized and launched by Ruach Tova, the one-stop shop in Israel for any individual, group or organization wishing to volunteer, and for any person, group or organization requiring aid.
Come participate in a indoor drum circle. Hoping to get people from some of the DC area drumming groups.
If you need a rest, you can participate in one of the other projects:
• Sandwich making and cookie baking for area shelters
• Sewing pillow cases for pediatric cancer patients
• Making cards and pictures for the elderly
• Fun in the gym shooting basketballs for Sandy Relief and much,
• Get Swabbed - Gift of Life Bone Marrow Drive
• Representatives from the Katherine Hanley Shelter, ConKerr Cancer and
others will be present to help educate our community on
• ALL AGES WELCOME - Something for Everyone!